Change your Clocks…..Change your Batteries!!!!

With thanks to the Fireman's Mutual Benevolent Association of Clifton, NJ -

The Upper Allen Township  Fire Department reminds all citizens that Daylight Savings Time begins this Sunday, March 9th at 2:00am.

This is also a perfect time to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Research has shown that having properly located and functioning smoke detectors gives your family the best chance to escape a fire in your home.

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless and odorless gas that prevents your blood cells from supplying oxygen to your body. According to the U.S. Fire Administration, each year more than 150 people die from accidental non-fire related CO poisoning. To learn more about carbon monoxide and its dangers clink on the link below.

If you have any further questions concerning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, please contact the Upper Allen Township Fire Department.