The Upper Allen Fire Department proudly and professionally protects Upper Allen Township including the villages of Shepherdstown, Bowmansdale and Grantham in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania. We are a 100% volunteer, public-owned and professional department providing fire suppression and rescue services to Upper Allen and surrounding communities.
About Upper Allen Township
Upper Allen Township is located in central Pennsylvania, in eastern Cumberland County on the west shore of the Susquehanna River. We are a part of The Greater Harrisburg Metropolitan Area. Two main transportation routes, US Route 15 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76) bisect the Township, making us home for the offices of a number of national businesses, such as Delta Dental, Direct Brands, and Merck-Medco. Upper Allen Township is also the home of Messiah College and Messiah Village (a retirement community).
- Location: Cumberland County, Pennsylvania
- Upper Allen Township founded in 1850 [Township website]
- Upper Allen Fire Department founded in 1942
- Resident population: 18,800
- College student population: 2,800 [Messiah College website]
- Retirement community population: 700 [Messiah Village website]
- Square mileage: 13.4
- ISO Rating: 6/9 [what is ISO?]