2015 HHW Drop-Off Event
Tentative: August 22, 2015
9am – 3pm
*Please check here for confirmation of date and time
- Cumberland County Service Center
310 Allen Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
*Event workers will unload your materials so please remain in your vehicles. Review the traffic flow pattern map (PDF) for the event.
- Pesticides, Insecticides, Herbicides, Fertilizers
- Oil-Based Paints, Stains, Varnishes, Sealers
- Oil-Based Paint Cleaners, Thinners, Removers
- Adhesives, Glues, Epoxies, Caulking, Sealants
- Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Kerosene
- Antifreeze, Car Care Products
- Lubricating Sprays
- Pool Chemicals
- Drain Cleaners, Degreasers, Oven Cleaners
- Fire Extinguishers
- Propane Cylinders (up to 20 pounds)
- Hydrochloric Acid, Sulfuric Acid, and Other Acids
- Mercury, Mercury Containing Devices
- Fluorescent Light Tubes and Bulbs
- Automotive Batteries
What can’t I Bring?
- Motor Oil
- Latex (Water-Based) Paint and Paint-Related Products
- Smoke Detectors
- Household Alkaline Batteries
- Chemically Treated Lumber
- Biological Waste
- Construction and Demolition Debris
- Bags of Cement / Mortar
- Used Absorbent Material (i.e. Oil-Dri)
- Cold Patch
- Household Trash
What Else Should I Know?
- This event is limited to residents and small businesses only.
- This event will end promptly at 3 p.m.
Please review our Where to Recycle – Specialized Items and Forms and Fact Sheets webpages for tips on disposing of some of the Unacceptable Items. Call 717-240-6489 with questions or for more details.